As you know, all of the successful projects live each week like a year. Almost all of the Solar DAO efforts was accumulated in the offline work. In addition to our main tasks of solar project selection, we’ve had time to start the new marketing campaigns, give a lecture about the Blockchain & Solar Energy to the children, and start a small green contest.
Aleksander Melekhavets lecturing about the Solar Energy | Solar DAO green contest
You may also remember the plan for Kazakhstan projects implementation which we started to follow. For the sake of profitable work and minimal risks, we were needed to participate in two stages of Tariff Bidding. We aimed to implement 1MW + 2MW + 5MW with different proportions of Equity and Debt financing.
The first Tender Fase on 28th of May was not held at all due to lack of bids.
According to the legal rules, it needs to be at least 3 participants bidding for the 150% of suggested quota.
On the second short period of time, we needed to prepare for the Tender on June 6.
Our team has succeeded with the financial partnership. The rule for Tender participation is to have enough funds to bid. In order to do it and to get the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), we agreed to accept a $300’000 financial guarantee from our partner in return for the interest.
Thus, Solar DAO was to:
- Provide our partner with a return of at least 20%
- Save its share of 25%, required for goals and profitability. In other cases, we and community don’t need such a project.
Summed up this conditions, the minimal tariff advantageous for Solar DAO was $0,095/kWh.
The second Tariff Tender took 9 companies (92,9 MW in total) bidding for 20 MW quota. During the 3-hour session, the tariff was decreased from $0.105/kWh to $0.088/kWh. Finally,** such conditions were not suitable for our needs and the funds attracted for this bidding .**
Instead, we have collected the necessary partner contacts, passed all the stages getting experience, and did not waste the funds.
- We continue our work in Kazakhstan. The next step is to attract the funds for this projects but with more loyal and comfortable conditions. We are sure about success, as we will have more time for negotiations and to be prepared.
- The next Tender in Kazakhstan with 12,5 times bigger quota (250 MW) will take place in October. Solar DAO definitely going to take a part there.
- We have already started to select the profitable opportunities for construction in Bulgaria, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Within a few weeks, we plan to boost our marketing campaign in order to attract more financial partners for our projects.